As part of our mission to help our members develop and expand their technical knowledge, we hold a monthly Tech Night Session.
These sessions cover a variety of topics that our members have identified as being interesting.
Our most recent Tech Night was about Getting the Most from your HF Transceiver and More. You can see the video from a recent Tech Night below:
December 2016 Tech Night – Popular Loggers, HRD and DXLab
Other Tech Night topics have included:
- Getting the Most from your HF Transceiver and More by Fred Kemmerer, AB1OC and Dave Michaels, N1RF.
- Popular Loggers – Ham Radio Deluxe and DXLab Suite by Dave Merchant, K1DLM and Fred Kemmerer, AB1OC.
- Low-Band Antennas by Dennis Marandos, K1LGQ; Hamilton Stewart, K1HMS; Brian McCaffrey, W1BP; and Fred Kemmerer, AB1OC.
- RF Simulation and Matching by Jeff Millar, WA1HCO
- Directional Antennas by Fred Kemmerer, AB1OC; Dave Michaels, N1RF; Brian Smigielski, AB1ZO; and Greg Fuller, W1TEN
- Surface Mount Solder and Desoldering, a Hands-On Presentation by Jeff Millar, WA1HCO
- All About Field Day by our Field Day Planning Team.
- Building Your First Station and Getting On The Air by Fred Kemmerer, AB1OC and Dave Michaels N1RF
- Software Defined Radios by Fred Kemmerer, AB1OC and Skip Youngberg, K1NKR
- Advanced Repeaters (DMR, EchoLink, DMR and D-STAR) by Anita Kemmerer; AB1QB, Fred Kemmerer, AB1OC; and Bill Barber, NE1B
- Antenna Modeling with EZNEC by Fred Kemmerer, AB1OC
All of our Tech Night presentations are included in our members-only video and presentation archives below.
Kit night is coming again! Our February Tech “Night” will feature an Oscilloscope Kit build! To provide more time to build this kit, our February Tech “Night” session will be held on Saturday, February 18th from 1-4 pm at First Church in Nauss, Hall.
We will be building the JYE Tech DSO138 DIY Digital Oscilloscope Kit. Members can build this nice single channel oscilloscope and mount it in the enclosure package shown in the picture above. Here are some specifications:
- Analog bandwidth: 0 – 200KHz
- Sampling rate: 1Msps max
- Sensitivity: 10mV/Div – 5V/Div
- Sensitivity error: < 5%
- Vertical resolution: 12-bit
- Timebase: 10us/Div – 50s/Div
- Record length: 1024 points
- Built-in 1KHz/3.3V test signal
- Waveform frozen (HOLD) function available
The kit comes with all Surface Mount parts pre-installed. Here are some videos which show the assembly of the kit and its enclosure and the operation of the completed scope:
Our Tech Nights are held at the First Church in Nashua, NH in Nauss Hall. Please park in the second or third lot next to the Church. We hope to see you at our next Tech Night!